For effective treatment and removal of head lice and nits, a meticulous evaluation and thorough combing is necessary. Lice removal and prevention involves determination and proper procedure to eliminate the spread of these aggravating bugs. Frances, one of our licensed and experienced Lice Technicians, demonstrates this professional process, and our scientifically proven 4 step process to remove nits and lice from the hair and head in this video.
Treatment: Proper Combing to remove lice eggs (nits) and lice
- Notice how she meticulously combs the hair, strand by strand, with our high quality lice comb-the “NitFree Terminator“.
- Sectioning off the hair into small enough portions for the lice comb area.
- How much hair to section off also depends upon the hair quality and length of the child or adult-coarse hair requires smaller portions than finer hair quality; longer hair requires smaller sections
- Scraping the scalp with the lice comb, ensuring the eggs that produce head lice (called nits) will be gathered and removed.
- Pulling the nit comb all the way through the portion of hair, to and out the ends of the hair.
- Scraping the nit comb-with the attached nits and lice-into a bowl.
- Repeating the procedure on all four sides of the sectioned hair, before moving on to the next section.
- Pinning the combed hair away from the uncombed hair.
This detailed combing process has to be followed, because the lice and nits are small enough to avoid removal if the combing is not complete. These lice eggs stay attached to the scalp and hair follicles, if not pulled away with the nit comb.
- Our natural lice removal remedies are from 100% natural products, and have FDA approval.
- You can use our shampoo or conditioner-they both contain the lice and nit killing ingredients.
- These products save you money compared to over-the-counter head lice medicines.
- Our lice conditioners and shampoos are three times stronger than these store products, and our smallest bottle covers 4-8 treatments, while products such as Rid are $10-$20 a bottle for just one treatment.
- This process will most likely ensure that any louse that may remain after the combing is extinguished.
- Our non-toxic patented lice conditioner will also help to loosen the glue which adheres any possible remaining nits to the hair follicle, so that the nit will ultimately detach and be eliminated.
Re-examine head for lice or nits after the first treatment.
- The persistence and spreading of lice means requires re-treating the hair and head four days after the first treatment, and a thorough examining of head once again.
- Between the 1st and 2nd treatment, a comb through process of the infested individual will need to occur.
- After the second treatment,examine the head again after seven days.
These requirements fare in your best interest. Head lice thrives and survives due to lack of vigilance in this extermination process. It is important to know your enemy, be diligent in your fight against head lice, and preserve you and your families peace of mind and normalcy.
You can read more extensive head lice information, frequently asked lice questions, and lice prevention measures for adults and children on our lice information website, as we fight against the spread of head lice and nits throughout Orange County, California. Or call us at 949-631-2675.